How do you like your toast? Do you like it lite or a bit soft with some crunchy? Well, sometimes the choice comes down to the type of slice toaster you use. A 4-slice toaster is one of the best picks out there when it comes to preparing soft toasts with a crispy outside. Having a 4 slice toaster in the kitchen will save you time. This toaster gives you the means to make a simple snack in minutes saving time. They are a lifesaver if you have to have boys. Choosing a 4-slice toaster over a 2-slice toaster is recommended if you have a family. It saves you time by toasting four slices of bread at the same time.
Finding the best four slice toasters on the market requires a keen understanding of how these toaster machines work. You need a toaster with good speeds, even browning, and excellent control levels. The toaster should also be versatile and allow a variety of baked foods. In this post, we help you find the leading 4 slice toasters on the market.
Top 12 4 Slice Toasters
- EXTRA WIDE TOASTING SLOTS to fit extra thick slices of bread products such as Texas Toast, bagels and...
- 6 ADJUSTABLE TOASTING LEVELS to select the perfect browning shade for your bread. From slightly warm to...
- Dual control panels make this two toasters in one with smooth Brushed Stainless housing
- Custom control: 6-setting browning dials, dual reheat, defrost and bagel buttons with LED indicators
- Extra-Wide Toasting Slots- Add a delicious crunch to bagels, thick breads, and more The extra-wide slots...
- Extra Lift- Extended levers lift your toasted treats safely into reach, keeping you away from the heat of...
- PROTECT YOUR APPLIANCES. This quilted appliance cover protects your toaster from dust, fingerprints,...
- STANDARD FIT. Measuring 11.25 x 7.25 x 10.5 inches, this standard fit four slice toaster cover fits most...
- Space-Saving Long Slot Design – Along with toasting 4 slices of bread at once, the long shape saves...
- Quick Adjust Toaster Settings – This premium kitchen toaster features 6 variable toast shade settings...
- Compact design with stainless steel accents
- 7-setting shade dial
- clear lcd timer & single slice heating: this long slot toaster, 4 slice toaster features a blue-backlit...
- 2 long slots & convenient warming rack: unlike a toaster 4 slice, it has two extra-long slots that...
- 4 Extra-Wide Toasting Slots - Make everyone’s favorites! Four toasting slots with independent controls...
- 7 Toast Shade Settings - Two shade selector knobs control each side of the toaster so you can find the...
- 4-slice stainless steel toaster with extra-long slots accommodates a variety of breads
- Dual auto-adjusting bread guides adjust to bread thickness for even toasting
- Fabric Type: Plastic, Metal
Things to consider when buying a 4-slice toaster
Finding the best and most suitable 4-slice toaster is something to consider seriously. You need to look at a few basic features to find what best suits your needs. Some of these features include:
Size of slots
The size of the slot if quite important as it determines the size of slices you can fit. Most toaster machines come with 1.5-inch slot slices which can fit both small and large slices.
Multi toasting function
Are you able to use all the four slots or simply two at once? There are instances when you will need to prepare a toast for the whole family. This will mean using all the four slots at once. However, when making two slices, the toaster should allow for two slots to work. Having the option to use two or four slots is a great feature to consider.
Cool touch exterior
A cool toaster exterior will allow for easy removal of the toaster from the kitchen countertop immediately after use.
Is there a defrost option on the toaster. Most toasters come with a universal defrost option, but some have defrosted options for toast and bagels.
Keep warm option
A keep warm option is another great feature when you’re not ready to serve the toast. It gives you a few minutes to prepare while ensuring the toast does not go cold.
A toaster boost is a lift you get to easily remove the slices from the toaster without burning your fingers.
Removable tray crumb and easy cleaning
Make sure you choose a toaster with a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning and storage.
You also need high-quality toasters made of stainless steel, aluminum and sometimes plastic.
Retractable cable cord
Lastly, you need a toaster with a retracting cord for easy storage after use.
What is the advantage of a 4-slice toaster over a 2-slice one?
Why should you get a 4-slice toaster instead of a 2-slice toaster? For starters, if you have a family, the odds are more than one person will want toast, and they will eat a minimum of two slices. With four available slots, your family can save a lot of time making breakfast. 4-slice toasters are also often more technologically-advanced than their 2-slice counterpart, so you can enjoy more features and superior toasting.
How big of a toaster slot space do I need?
Unless you only eat one type of bread (and who does that?), you will need a good-sized slot for thicker cuts of bread and bagels. 1.5-inches is usually wide enough for most thick slices, though the length is often an issue. Longer slices of bread like sourdough and gourmet loaves often have to be trimmed. Some four slice toasters are designed to help with this and consist of two extra-long slots that fit either two regular-sized slices, or one large slice.
What toaster features prevent me from having to reach down for the toast?
One of the problems with toasters, in general, is that smaller pieces of bread like English muffins don’t pop up above the toaster threshold, so you have to reach into the toaster itself. You can easily burn yourself, and toast can sometimes get stuck. To help with this issue, many 4-slice toasters are designed with extra-high lift carriages or a toast boost, so the bread pops up higher.