The mini split AC and heat pump market continues double-digit growth every year because the equipment is efficient, cost-effective and offers versatile installation options. But what are the best mini split system brands? This guide covers the top ductless HVAC brands for a single zone, multiple zones and a newer category of heat pump, the cold-climate mini split system.
If you’d like to research mini-split HVAC basics, brands, prices, options and sizing a system for your home, our comprehensive Mini Split Buying Guide is packed with information. The units on this top ductless HVAC list aren’t necessarily the most efficient. They are the mini-split heat pumps that will give you the durable performance you can count on for 15-20 years or more.
Top 12 Mini Split System
- ENERGY EFFICIENT (INVERTER) - 12000 BTU/h, 17 SEER, 208-230V/60Hz, 9 HSPF, Pre-Charged up to 25 Feet High...
- AUTOMATIC SYSTEM - Auto Defrost, Self-Diagnosis/Cleaning, I Feel Mode, 24 hour timer, Sleep Mode, Eco...
- 10 Year Parts Warranty. HeatandCool is a Daikin manufacturer online authorized distributor, We provide...
- Daikin 17 SEER Wall-Mounted Ductless Mini-Split Inverter Air Conditioner Heat Pump System (230 Volt)
- DC Inverter Technology for Ultra High Efficiency and Performance
- High Quality Design for an Attractive Appearance, Powerful Performance,and Dependable Durability
- Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioner and Heater - 19 SEER
- 4-in-1 Design - With air conditioning, heating, dehumidifier and fan.
- Energy Star Certified– 20 SEER 10 HSPF
- Easy DIY installation pre-charged R-410A 25ft quick connect line doesn't require special tools equipment...
- High efficiency 18,000 BTU Inverter Compressor 21.3 SEER Dual (2) Zone Ceiling Cassette 9000 12000 BTU...
- Includes 25' Installation Kits with Copper Line Set, Accessories and Communication Wires
- With WiFi connectivity (WiFi manual included in the indoor unit)
- Uses 110-120 VAC electrical power, 20 SEER High Efficiency Rating, ETL Approved. Toshiba/GMCC Compressor...
- Ultra high efficiency inverter++ ductless multi split triple (3) zone heat pump system
- Cooling capacity: 6, 630~30, 600 btu/hr. Min. /max. With 22. 0 seer efficiency
- COMPACT AND EASY INSTALLATION: Includes compact, aesthetic and modern indoor air handler designed to fit...
- SUPERIOR AIR FLOW AND ENHANCED PERFORMANCE: 18, 000 BTU cooling capacity and provides heat with outdoor...
- Cooper&Hunter Mia Series 12,000 BTU 17.2 SEER 110V 1Ton Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner Heat Pump ETL...
- Pre-charged with refrigerant. Works for heating with ambient temperature up to 5F°
How to Value Was Determined
All Systems Mechanical specializes in the installation and repair of heating and air conditioning systems, both residential and commercial. We are licensed to install all major brands. What this means is that we have no loyalties to any one specific HVAC equipment supplier. It is important to point out that we have no horse in this race – we gain and lose nothing by recommending one brand over another, and the only thing that drives our opinions are our customers’ satisfaction. We cannot risk installing something that is not the absolute best value for our customers’ needs, and we wouldn’t have built the reputation we have in a highly competitive Los Angeles market if we weren’t honest. In other words, this isn’t the first time that we’ve made this list for a client, it’s just the first time we’ve published it online.
There are four contributing factors that we used (weighted equally) in determining the value for our list of the top 10 air conditioner brands:
- Reliability – we cannot recommend a company that has reliability issues or customer satisfaction will suffer greatly.
- Cost – part of determining value is cost. Is one brand too expensive? Do you get more bang for your buck with one air conditioner brand over another?
- Customer Service – how does the company deal with warranty problems and do they readily supply spare parts at affordable prices?
- Features – although delving deeply into features is beyond the scope of this article, features available were taken into account when making our list.
Crucial Aspects To Check & Compare Prior To Buying A Mini-Split System
With hundreds of mini-split systems put on the display on the markets all around the world, zeroing in on the best product is not going to be easy. To make it easy, you need to compare the following parameters.
The performance in a mini-split system can be determined from the BTUs. To give you a better idea about this, just consider a room with 250 square feet of space. To cool it up, you need a system with a capacity of 6,000 BTUs per hour. Also, take the location of the room into consideration because if the room receives more sunlight than any other room, then you need a more powerful system for it.
This parameter also varies with the size of the systems. If you buy a small mini-split system, then the voltage consumed by it would be 120 volts, and for that of a large mini-split system would be 240 volts. Also, take the overall home’s voltage into consideration as that must match with this system.
The initial cost of the mini-split system is something that you don’t have much to negotiate on, but you can certainly save a lot on the recurring energy bills by opting for an energy efficient product. Ductless mini split AC systems, for example, are energy star certified, so you can opt for those.
A mini split system is an expensive product, costing you a few hundred dollars, so you will not want to invest in an unreliable product that needs repairs and replacements after a few years. So, buy a branded product in which the company offers multiple years of warranty as well.
If a mini split system comes with remote control, its holder, hanging bracket and a programmable timer, then that will add to your convenience big time.
Now that you are fully aware of mini-split systems inside out, the only thing left for you is to take a decision as to which brand you are interested in going with.
I have done my best to provide you with information regarding the most popular and efficient products available on the market through my unbiased mini split reviews consumer reports. The sooner you buy the product, the better it is because then, you will be able to change the climate of your room to suit your comfort.