There are plenty of people with mini vegetable gardens in their backyards. But the rouble of tillage is always there either because of the unavailability of appropriate tools or lack of knowledge. If you consider then you will know that yearly digging takes a lot of time and effort. On top of that, there is removing of weed, airing, and loosening of the soil, and various other time-consuming tasks.
All this has to be done during summers and spring season. So, a mini tiller is an irreplaceable choice for the vegetable gardeners because this machine helps to simplify all these tasks. This tool digs and mellows the ground quickly and efficiently and save your time. We will here discuss the best mini tiller models below to help you buy the finest machine online.
Top 12 Mini Tiller
- VERSATILE - Weeding, mixing and aerating
- CONVENIENT - On-board wheels adjust for transport and depth control.
- Powerful: 13. 5-Amp motor cultivates up to 16 in. Wide x 8 in. Deep
- Durable: 6 Steel angled tines for maximum durability and performance
- Comes with a handy carrying handle
- Entire unit weighs Only 20-pounds
- Powerful transmission with dual tines break up soil to allow water and nutrients to reach plant roots
- Powered by 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery, with longer lifespan and charge retention than NiCad...
- Comes with a handy carrying handle
- Entire unit weighs Only 24-pounds
- Earthwise tiller with a powerful 8.5-Amp electric motor with superb run time and service life
- Corded electric tiller ideal for small to medium-sized gardens
- Powerful 2.5-Amp motor for superior power, run-time and durability
- (4) Durable steel tines; Cultivates and tills up to 7.5" wide and 6" deep
- BUILT TO WORK: Weed it, Mix it, Aerate it, Mulch it- this 33cc 2-cycle mini cultivator is designed to...
- SMOOTH AND EFFORTLESS: On-board wheels, overhand controls and a lightweight design make this machine easy...
- convenient & quiet: four-cycle engine requires no mixing of oil and fuel, and it runs quieter.
- stand-up starting: start and stop comfortably from behind the handlebars without bending over.
- Adjustable TillIng Width - Electric tiller can be quickly switched from 6 tInes to 4 tInes without tools,...
- Compact Storage - The foldable design allows you to fold the tiller easily without tools, providIng...
How to Buy the Best Mini Tillers
A mini tiller is a highly useful machine for cultivation. There are small blades attached to it called tines that rotate at very high speed and dig up the soil. Now, these machines are available in different sizes but the small yards and gardens can gladly do with a mini tiller. A good mini tiller can be used to plow and harrow the soil.
But while purchasing the product, there are various significant things that people forget to consider and end up buying something that is not relevant to their needs. Here, we are going to discuss some of the essential features of a small garden mini tiller that you must keep in mind while buying these machines.
#1. Type of Soil
Please note that mini tillers are best used for loose soil that does not contain any hard and rocky substances in it. These tillers are also known as cultivators and essentially used for cultivation process. This one is easy to control because it has got a small size and is usually less in weight also. Thus, storage is also easy in this case.
If you own a small garden or yard where you grow vegetables then this product is an ideal choice to make. Also, the soil used for basic cultivation is usually soft and this product will hence relate to your needs.
Clearly, as the name of the product suggests, this is a small machine that is good for small yards and gardens. The mini tillers are not recommended for huge gardens and yards.
It is because of the fact that these products don’t have the capacity to run through the larger vegetable yard as these may lose the power in between the task. The small size of the tiller is great for people with less upper body strength. Also, it is recommended for the gardens that are sized less than 1000 square feet.
#3. Gas vs. Electric Mini Tillers
As we have discussed before, the mini tillers are powered either by gas cylinders or electric cord. You can also find cordless models available in the market but they are not as strong as the other two.
There is a common contrast between both the types of mini tillers. Let’s discuss it further:
1. Electric Tillers
These tillers have a power cord attached to it which has to be plugged in the electricity socket to fetch power for the machine. The reach of these machines is very limited as these are attached to a cord. But at the same time, they can generate some pretty good power and cultivate swiftly.
The best electric mini tiller can generate up to 12 Amps power which is great for rapid tilling. Also, these machines are not as heavy as their counterparts because they don’t have any power unit latched to themselves. Another essential factor is that corded or electric mini tillers are available at a lesser cost. Undeniably, this type is better for a lot of buyers with price constraints.
2. Gas Tillers
This type has got gas or fuel cylinder latched to it where the fuel and mix gases are filled to power the tiller. These usually generate a good amount of power and are very steady and dependable. These are high-quality mini tiller that works effectively and efficiently in the garden and does the job in very less time.
Also, because there is no constraint of a cord, you can use this machine for small to medium sized gardens. The price is generally high and it can also demand more maintenance than its counterparts. But at the same time, this type is more powerful than any other tillers available in the market.
If you don’t mind spending some extra bucks on a mini tiller then gas-powered machines are more successful and dependable than any other type. But at the same time, people with pretty small yards can always pick electric tillers and save money on these machines.
Most of the mini tillers have the weight of not more than 30 pounds. These are portable machines. But, it is also a key factor to consider while buying a tilling machine.
A mini tiller is a long term purchase and if you get a chance to safeguard it then you must avail the opportunity. Buy a product that comes with a few years of warranty.