We didn’t rate companies on price alone since the cost can vary based on address, time of year, floral arrangement, and how far in advance you place your order. But we’ve laid out how much it cost us to order one dozen red roses in Seattle (minus shipping and delivery) for all of our top picks — this should give you a ballpark estimate of how much you can expect to spend.
Top 12 Online Flowers
- Flowers are shipped in bud form for optimal vase life; blooms will open in 2 - 3 days, as shown in...
- Free overnight shipping to ensure freshness. There are no Saturday, Sunday or Monday deliveries
- Peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, gluten free and dairy free!
- 1 jar - 16 oz
- Flowers are shipped in bud form for optimal vase life; blooms will open in 2-3 days, as shown in product...
- Free overnight shipping to ensure freshness. There are no Saturday, Sunday or Monday deliveries.
- Welcome to Amazon's largest online flower delivery service by The Shopstation!
- Hydrangea in Blue Roses in Creme Asiatic Lilies in White Alstroemeria in White Delphinium in Light Blue...
- Flower Darby, James M. Lang
- 100% Natural
- Heart Healthy Snack
- Styrofoam Bouquet Holders by Floral Supply Online. A trusted brand name proudly owned by an American...
- Package of 12. Clear handle Bouquet Holder Measures 2-3/4" W x 7" L
- A good amount of stretch to it for being 95%Polyester, 5% Spandex
- Knee length of the dress make it suitable for all everyday and formal occasions
- Flower cage holder by Floral Supply Online. A trusted brand name proudly owned by an American company and...
- Contains almost ¾ brick of premium fresh flower foam inside the cage. Sturdy cage provides additional...
- FRESH & FRUITY: Albanese 12-flavor gummy bears pack giant taste into one delicious gummi. After one bite...
- STOCK UP THE FLAVOR: Whether you like them sweet, sour, big or small, Albanese gummi candies burst with...
- Brand new sheet of 20 Forever Stamps
- The stamp art features four different paintings of flowers that come from typical American gardens
- AWESOME match 3 puzzle game with BEAUTIFUL ROSES
- GREAT CHALLENGES along with BEAUTY in every level
How We Found the Best Online Flower Delivery
For us, “best” meant a company that would be able to deliver flowers anywhere in the United States. We didn’t include mobile apps, focusing solely on flowers that can be ordered through a website. We also looked only at companies that deliver to individuals, leaving off florists that specialize in arrangements for events, groups, or corporations. That left us with 29 companies, and we started by analyzing their flower selection, ordering experience, quality, and customer service to find our top picks.
We looked for florists with same-day delivery.
If you can’t go to work in the morning, realize it’s your mom’s birthday, order flowers, and then have them there that very afternoon, what’s the point? Many online flower delivery companies charge extra (sometimes 25-50 percent extra) for same-day delivery service, but we wanted this feature to be an option in case you needed it.
That said, it did eliminate a few contenders that we’d initially been excited to work with, most notably Farmgirl Flowers, which offers US-grown, local arrangements delivered by bike or scooter (cute!). Demanding same-day delivery also cut out One World Flowers, a licensed importer and distributor of Fair Trade Certified flowers.
And we wanted satisfaction to be guaranteed.
Since there are so many reviews of flowers never arriving, or flowers arriving dead or days late, we only wanted to deal with companies willing to offer refunds, exchanges, or satisfaction guarantees. Sending flowers can be an expensive endeavor (a standard order of a dozen red roses can range from $42-$96), and we wanted our investment to come with a promise that we’d be satisfied. This was where we parted ways with H. Bloom, a luxury flower company with modern arrangements and an otherwise impressive website.
No tracking? No thank you.
When we looked at Yelp and Better Business Bureau reviews for our remaining contenders, we found the same complaint again and again: Flowers never arrived, and the person ordering them had no idea until they called to check if their intended recipient liked them. To help avoid some seriously awkward phone calls, we made sure all remaining companies offered online tracking. This lets you, monitor, for yourself, whether your bouquet has been delivered.
Then we started buying bouquets.
We were left with 16 online flower delivery companies to test. But hold up! Some of these companies, such as Flower.com and JustFlowers.com, are actually the same, with identical checkout systems, mailing addresses, About Us pages, and customer service phone numbers. (JustFlowers owns Flower.com, but we decided to order from Flower.com since its website was way cleaner than JustFlowers’.)
Another well-known brand, Harry & David, has its flower orders fulfilled by 1-800-Flowers, so we decided to skip the middleman (men?) and go straight to the source.
We rated each company on six things:
- A simple ordering experience. It should be easy to find a bouquet you want and buy it.
- Some level of customer service. We thought our standards were pretty basic: customer phone support, a human being instead of an automated message, and no more than three minutes of hold time. We also wanted to be offered a refund or credit if we had any issues. (As it turns out, this was shooting for the moon.)
- If flowers arrived on time. Bouquets had to arrive when they said they would get a passing score.
- If flowers arrived arranged. There are companies that don’t disclose that they just send stems in a box, requiring the recipient to arrange the flowers themselves — which defeats the purpose of paying a florist to arrange your flowers.
- If flowers arrived intact, without damage or wilting. We wanted pretty flowers! Not old or wilted flowers, and not blossoms that are dropping petals all over the place.
- Wow, factor. As in, “Would we are thrilled to have this bouquet sitting on our desk at work?” We wanted to be bowled over by these bouquets.